Queens High School teacher caught on video slamming 14-year-old student against walls and ground: P.E. teacher and tennis coach now facing charges
- Colin McNally, a 58-year-old gym teacher and tennis coach, was caught on camera outside the gym at Cardozo High School in Queens, New York.
- McNally on Wednesday was involved in a confrontation with a 14-year-old student that apparently began when a teacher took a basketball away from the boy.
- The boy tried to grab the basketball from McNally, who then slammed the boy against the wall and threw him to the ground.
- Other students and staff watched in shock as McNally grabbed the boy.
- McNally was arrested and charged with stalking and endangering a child’s welfare, and has since been released.
A New York teacher has been arrested and charged with endangering a child after he was caught on camera slamming a 14-year-old boy into a wall and then knocking him to the ground.
Colin McNally, 58, taught physical education and was a tennis coach at Cardozo High School in Queens. It is unclear if he still works at the school.
On Wednesday, he was involved in a dramatic confrontation with an unnamed 14-year-old boy that began when the boy left the gym with a basketball that McNally confiscated.
The boy tried to grab the basketball, and then McNally grabbed the boy by the shirt and pushed him against the wall.
Scroll down for video
The drama began when McNally, wearing shorts, took a basketball from a 14-year-old boy.
The boy tried to grab the basketball, but McNally grabbed the boy and pushed him against the wall.
The 58-year-old man pressed the boy against the wall as shocked teachers looked at him.
McNally then knocked the boy to the floor, to the shock of those standing nearby.
A fight ensued in which a heavily built McNally threw the boy to the ground as stunned fellow students watched.
He lifted the boy up again and pinned him against the wall again.
The boy was not hurt, the school later confirmed, but McNally was arrested.
An Energy Department spokesman told Eyewitness News, which received the video, “These are incredibly disturbing allegations and Mr. McNally was immediately removed from the classroom away from the students pending the outcome of the investigation.”
Cardozo High School in Queens said McNally was arrested shortly after the incident.